For those of you who are not subscription obsessed, Ipsy is a monthly subscription service created by Youtube beauty guru Michelle Phan. (You can check out her channel here.) For $10 a month, “Ipsters” receive a Glam Bag with four to five deluxe and full sized products curated by Michelle and her team. Every month, Ipsy releases spoilers that are clues about the products and theme about that month’s bag.
All of that to say, IPSY RELEASED THE FIRST SPOILER! I am excited. Can you tell I’m excited? I’m pee my pants, been trolling the internet the last 3 days for any news, excited.
Here’s my take: It looks like we are seeing deluxe sized samples of Bare Escentuals (aka Bare Minerals) Marvelous Moxie lipstick and lip gloss. You can find more about the products here. I would be thrilled to find one of these little beauties in my bag this month. I own the lip gloss in 64067- Maverick, and the formula is great. These shades are bright, but pretty. Second part of the clue: Maps of France! I am dreaming of a Parisian chic theme.
So… not Paris. Today the map in the background of San Francisco Bay, with post cards from touristy places in CA. The theme this month may be more generally travel or vacation related.
The products (left to right):
- NYX Love in Rio eyeshadow palette in No Tan Lines Allowed.
- Bora Bora eyeshadow palette by Be a Bombshell Cosmetics
I would LOVE to try the Bombshell palette. I am trying to break free from neutral eye products, and that burnt orange-reddish shadow could be just what I need.
On to the next! Each Ipsy March bag will include one of the following:
- Nicole by OPI Roughles nail polish in On What Grounds. This polish has a matte, rough texture in a beautiful turquoise color.
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream– Missha is a cool Korean brand with a cult following here in the States.
- Chella pencil- I can’t quite tell what this pencil is. I’ve heard such great things about this brand though, (especially the highlighter pencil!) I would be thrilled to try any of their products.
It’s pretty freakin’ adorable that they made the spoiler out of the products revealed. 🙂 I really want to join the pencil and the BB cream on that tiny beach towel and soak in some glorious Vitamin D.
Today’s spoiled products include (from left to right):
- Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter– If this product is like every other Pacific I’ve ever sniffed, I bet this smells divine. Bonus points for being paraben free! Bonus Bonus points for being a product I can pick up at Target! (Just in case I fall in love).
- Klorane Soothing and Relaxing Patches for Tired Eyes– As far as I’m concerned, this ultra chic French brand can do no wrong. I am currently loving the Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover. You wanna throw me some Klorane patches Ipsy? Bring it on.
- Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer– Another product you can buy from Target if you decide it works for you. This product boasts Vitamins A, E, C, truffle extract and pearl extract.
- Phenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse– Ipsy wants to help your complexion fake it til you make it. (The sun is going to come out sometime soon, right?)
I’m hoping for the Pacifica Indian Coconut Body Butter. (I would wish for the tan mousse, but I am skeptical about my ability to apply this product in a way that wouldn’t make me look like an unevenly pigmented oompha-loompa.)
One more spoiler to go!
Fifth (and final!) Spoiler
The last spoiler gives us a peek at the design of the March Glam Bag! The bag was inspired by the neighborhoods of San Francisco (love!) and designed in collaboration with a thus far unnamed local artist. I am more than a little excited about the graphic print on this bag!
That’s it! This month’s bag has been officially spoiled! What do you think? Are you excited for this months Glam Bag? Hoping for a particular product? Let me know in the comments below! Also, if you are thinking about signing up for Ipsy, I would love it if you used my referral link!
Your blushing belle,