Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Rose Hip”
Milani is a budget-friendly brand of cosmetics that can be found in pharmacies across the nation. Today, Celeste and I tried out a Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Rose Hip”. The Color Statement lipsticks are offered in 36 shades and 6 finishes, including vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl and matte. “Rose Hip” is a cream finish lipstick in a hot-pink shade.
Color Statement lipsticks are paraben free, and contain vitamins A, C, and E. According to Milani, these lipsticks are lightweight, but achieve full coverage pigment in one swipe.
So what did we think of Milani Color Statement lipsticks? You’ll have to keep reading, cheeky!
Does the product hold true to Milani’s claim of full coverage in one swipe?
- Celeste: Yes!
- Caitlin: Not really. I didn’t achieve the color saturation I was looking for.
As per Milani’s claim, is the formula lightweight?
- Celeste: Yes. Feels like lip balm to me.
- Caitlin: Nope. I thought the texture was thick and a little gritty.
Do you like the color?
- Celeste: YES! I want everything to be this color.
- Caitlin: Yes! I love it too! This shade is so versatile. It could work for all types of looks, on any skin tone. It’s the kind of color you look at and think, that is going to be way to bright on me. It really works though. My horizons have been broadened.
Is the lipstick long wearing?
- Celeste: Absolutely no.
- Caitlin: Not at all. Really disappointed with this aspect.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Will you be repurchasing?
- Celeste: No. I am way too lazy to continue reapplying every 20 minutes.
- Caitlin: Agreed. Love the look, but I would try to find something similar in a long-lasting formula.
Celeste and I had so much fun playing with this great, hot-pink shade, even if the over-all product didn’t thrill us. Scroll down to see our Milani pop-of-pink lip looks! (Click pics to expand.) 🙂
Have you tried Milani Color Statement Lipsticks? What do you think of the product? Are we wrong? Are they the greatest thing since sliced cheese? We would love to know what you think!
Thanks for reading, and have a fantastic day!